Sunday, June 14, 2009

Catching Up......

Karen's Birthday!
This was my first birthday away from my family and Ryan did such an incredible job! He woke up before I did and made me breakfast!

Here he is in the kitchen making the breakfast. Doesn't he look so happy to be cooking!
It was so cute. He made some pancakes in the shape of a 23. I guess he was trying to remind me how old I was really turning.
The day before my birthday he asked me what kind of cake I wanted, and out of jest, I responded a butterfly chocolate cake. With a serious response he said "ok." We went to mom and dad's house for him to receive a little supervision. I was in the computer room the whole time working on homework. I wasn't allowed to come out for fear of seeing how it was coming. This is what he brought the cake home in. He didn't want me to see it at all.
Before we left for the day he decided to give me my birthday present. He got me a tennis racket. I had been wanting it for some time! He is enrolled in a tennis class so we went to the store to get him his own. Unbeknowst to me he had gone there earlier that day while I was taking a test and purchased a racket for me. When we got there he asked me which one I would choose for myself. It was not the one he had already gotten for me. I really liked one that was not on sale and cost over $200.00!

There was still two weeks until my birthday so he checked the sales each week to see if the racket I wanted would go on sale. Luckily the day before my birthday it happened to go on sale and he went and exchanged rackets. You can see by the look on my face that I was confused and surprised! I was so excited to get the racket I wanted, but I was hoping he did not spend that much money. I mean, I know he loves me but... Anyway, I was extremely excited to have it! So we will have to play quite a bit of tennis in August!
After work he took me to the Tahitian Noni Gardens and we walked around for about an hour before dinner. We took a couple of pictures before a security guard came out telling us we couldn't take any more. Apparently it is against their company policy. You have to pay to take any kind of pictures :(
This is at Tucanos where we had dinner. It was SO good and as always, Ryan LOVED the pineapple. There is a picture below showing his enjoyment!(This would be the one)...look at his jaw line, man am I lucky! (hahaha)So this is the cake that he made! I was so incredibly impressed! He stakes his claim at being the only one that made it. I guess mom and dad wanted to pitch in and help a little bit, but he refused their offer for he was going to be the only one to take the credit. Well, you got it Ryan, because it was an amazing looking and tasting cake! He was so cute. He lit the candles and sang happy birthday to me all by himself. He even initiated me to the Grandpa Edwards' birthday song.
It was a great birthday. Ryan did a good job at being very thoughtful! Good Job my love!

3 comments:

Erica said...

Oh now that is just cute! I love the Grandpa Edwards birthday song (Jared is STILL learning it). And I love the cake!!!
Happy late birthday!!!!!

Brady and Karen said...

Completely impressed. Completely. Can you make Brady a butterfly cake for his birthday?

Natalie and Steve said...

Karen, I love reading what you write. I feel like I've talked to you enough that I can actually hear you saying it. :D
Happy birthday!