I know it has been a while since I last blogged but better late than never. I've been getting jealous of Brady and Karen going on their hiking trips and I'm running out of warm weather here in Provo. These past few days have been really nice though so I decided that I wanted to go hiking and take advantage of the good weather. I checked online and found the Silver Lake Trail up American Fork Canyon. I got a couple of people yesterday to come with me and we started in the morning. Funny enough, we had a similar experience as Brady and Karen's recent bike trek. When I parked my car, these three old ladies that were walking nearby asked if I knew that it was hunting season and that their would be hunters all over. We decided to take our chances and hike anyways. I just figured I would talk really loud. We did hear a few shots fired on our hike. The scenery was amazing!


Right in the middle of our hike, I stopped and saw a huge moose walking towards us on the trail. The moose saw us and stopped. (See pic below)

I quickly got my camera out and began taking pictures. We stepped forward a bit and it walked the away from us. We ended up catching up with it again and we got probably too close to this thing. It went into some trees just barely off the trail and we went right around it. You can see how close we were by the pictures I took below. We saw two other moose along the way but none as close as this one.


We continued our hike and reached our destination of Silver Lake. It was quite the sight.
5 comments:
Brady liked all the pictures of the donkeys. He said it suited you really well, whatever that means.
I once saw a moose while out on the Provo River Trail, and Brady didn't believe me. Then, there was an article in the paper about. One of the few times I've been right in our marriage...haha
Ryry..... FINALLY!!!!!!! Its about time!! haha Anyway, it looks like you had a really good time on your hike! Those moose pictures are awesome! I can't believe that you saw so many! Wow. That really is so cool. Moose are very tempermental, you need to be careful kiddo! When Kevin and Elise lived in Alaska, they would ALWAYS here about people getting mauled by moose. Maybe the "Utah" moose aren't as mean.. but still! CALL US NEXT TIME YOU GO HIKING!!!!
What a fun hike- that last picture is scary, with you laying off the cliff!
I just wanted you to know we are still faithfully checking your blog after your months and months of silence...
We are excited for Thanksgiving!
I have been on that hike. It is awesome.
MOOSE?! I think that would freak me out! (P.S. this is Becky your next door neighboor from freshman year)
Post a Comment