Easter weekend ended up being really fun and relaxing for Ryan and me. Since this is our third Easter together we were able to do some of the same activities/traditions we have done before. and still experience new traditions found in the community.
Friday night Ryan and I colored our Easter eggs for date night. It ended up being a ton of fun!


Wouldn't you know it that Ryan would paint his egg to say something about Jimmer.



We each painted 5 and then took turns hiding the other person's eggs around the house. We then had a competition to see who could find their eggs the fastest. Ryan won :)


Ryan and I had talked about how we wanted to do Easter this year. The first year I surprised him and did everything on my own. The second year I don't think we did anything. So this year we tried to figure out how and what we were going to do. After throwing out some options of each hiding the candied eggs I decided on my own that I was going to surprise him again. So, that Saturday I went out and got the candy.
That night I set my alarm clock to go off an hour and a half after we had gone to bed. I figured Ryan would be pretty much asleep and I could sneak out and have the 'easter bunny' come visit us :) I woke up and spent a good half hour hiding jelly beans, cadberry eggs, and the whopper robin eggs. When I crept back into the room Ryan was tossing and turning big time so I really had to be quite and stealthily climb back into bed. When I started actually putting one leg into the covers he turned his body towards me and fidgeted with the covers...a lot...so I froze. I acted as if I too, was tossing and turning in my sleep so he wouldn't think I was just coming back into bed. After I "tossed and turned" back into my spot on the mattress I lay really still. Ryan was still moving back and forth. After a little bit he got up and went into the bathroom. I panicked! I had hid some eggs right next to the soap dispenser and right on the hand towels! I thought for sure he was going to see everything and my surprise would be ruined! Luckily, when he is really tired he walks with his eyes closed and does everything very mechanically. He came back to bed and didn't say a word. *whew*
Needless to say the next morning when he woke and saw all the eggs everywhere he got really excited! He was completely surprised!
EASTER!


I can tell by the way Ryan collects his candy that he had older brothers. Even though it is the two of us, he has all the eggs to himself and doesn't have to try to beat anyone off, he races around the house collecting all of the eggs as fast as he can! He tells me that as the youngest he had to try and beat Brady, Cory and Scott from "hogging" all of the eggs :)




The rest of our Easter weekend was spent eating a delicious breakfast, attending a ward easter egg hunt where they hid 4000 eggs, going to Liberty Lake (the actual lake) and watch the sun set across the water while enjoying the nice weather, watching ABC's Saturday night special which happened to be the 10 commandments, going to church, reading the story of Moses cause we realized we didn't know a lot of the details about that particular story, having a ham and potato dinner with friends, laughing, telling stories and ending the weekend at home pleasantly enjoying the rest of our Sunday evening together. We truly had a wonderful Easter, perhaps our best one yet! It's amazing how fast time flies but I am glad that I get to spend all that time with Ryan.

2 comments:
You are so cute. We never did anything for Easter until this year because we have Ender. Way to go.
So glad that Ryan finally got to pick up candy. He never got any when Scott Brady and I were around.
-Cory
Post a Comment