Friday, October 15, 2010

Graduation and Moving

Wow...are we actually blogging again? So, we are going to try to get everyone caught up to the happenings in our life starting with little posts here and there. I know this is a little old but here is where we are going to start...

I have finally graduated from BYU! YAY! It has taken a lot of time, money, energy and tears, but I am finally done with college!

School was very hard for me and it took a little longer than normal because it took me a while to make it into the music program. Now that everything is said and done, I am glad I didn't major in anything but music. I am happy I was able to get accepted into a field I really enjoy and that I will be able to use the things I learned in our home.

Ryan has been a tremendous help in getting me through my final classes of Spanish. Long story short but I ended up having to take a bucketload of Spanish to graduate. I raced on through not really understanding much and not being able to speak 'mucho' Spanish. Ryan was a shoulder to cry on when I didn't understand assignments, he was someone to hug, and also a person that gave great encouragement. (I just wish he would have done some of my homework... :) lol

This is a piano I spent many hours practicing and performing on. When I was in High School I would have competitions at BYU and this was one of the pianos I performed on!

With trying to finish classes, take finals, and move, graduation was split up into a two day period of very hectic hours. On the first day, I finished my last final, had lunch with a dear friend and her husband and then rushed off to convocation. Afterward my family and Ryan's parents came over to help us load all of our belongings into the uhaul.

Everything was packed in the uhaul including our clothes and by mistake my graduation gown. Not knowing my gown was packed inside I woke up the next day in a very frantic state because I couldn't find it! I had to be at the school at 7:00 am to line up for commencement and here I am calling my mom to see if she had accidentally taken it home with her! Ryan had gone out into the uhaul to get the shirt he was going to wear and luckily chanced upon my gown. *phew* it was a stressful morning!

After I had graduated we all went to the park behind our apartment and had a luncheon. After we ate we headed back to our apartment to clean. I thank my family from the bottom of my heart! They all stayed and helped clean until it was spotless! THANK YOU!

Once cleaned we packed up our car and headed out of our small, small, small, apartment for our next adventure and next stage in life!

It was an exhausting two days of "roller coaster" emotions; being ecstatic to finish with school, moving away from friends and family, experiencing the fatigue of burning the midnight oil, packing and cleaning, and grasping the idea that I am moving away from Provo! Although it was a jam-packed couple of days I am so incredibly happy to earn a degree from BYU! Congratulations me!



6 comments:

Dave and Beth Leach said...

I guess you guys haven't found an apartment cause you don't have any pictures up.

Karen Christene said...

all in good time sista...all in good time...like tomorrow.

Ann-Marie Photography said...

Ok, so after all these years of being the only one that blogged, I have now been shamed by my two sisters into blogging again. I guess i need to get on the ball. Soon I will sit down and post...I promise. It just takes so long ( I know wah huh....) It was great to see the pictures. Post more!

Kristen said...

Good job Ryan finding your gown! Congrats Karen! Way to live your dream!

jojanwells said...

Yay, you updated! Now I'm not the only one in the family blogging! ...So it takes Karen moving away to get everyone to blog. I see how it is! lol, j/k

Dean and Lana Edwards said...

We are very proud of you two - both in the graduation and in your new adventure in Washington. But we still miss you every time we go to Provo.