Thursday, November 04, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

I haven't carved pumpkins since I was in high school. I don't know why we didn't carve any the first year that we were married, but we didn't, so this was a really exciting night for me. After we spent our day at Manito Park we came home and warmed up some soup I had made the night before. After dinner we then got started carving our pumpkins!
Ryan helped me with mine because I couldn't get all of the stringy, slimy goop. He was mostly interested in the football game that was on tv though :)
very intense carving
The finished product
Ryan was very giddy when we finally found candles and lit the pumpkins. He kept chanting his Halloween song and jumping up and down.
Happy Halloween!!!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

You have impressive carving skills.

Brady and Karen said...

That is much better than our witch. How long did they take???